Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Beast Season 1 Episode 2 (S01E02)


I thought I would give this show another try. After the first episode not making any sense I thought maybe this one would make it a little clearer but not so much.

It doesn't seem like he is a rogue agent. Just a agent doing his job his own way with his own rules. Like stealing the blade drive out of evidence. I do believe he did it to ensure the safety of a source.

Is the main theme in the show that the FBI is trying to find out if he is a rogue agent or do they just test his partner on how loyal he is and if he can do the work? So by making him question Charles Barker are they going to be able to throw him off track or is he staying as loyal as he is. For me at least the storyline of each episode is kind of hard to understand. What was this episode about? I don't know all I know is that they were trying to find a guy and to find out where he is they visited some informants but other than that guy being the receiver of a huge drug shipment I have not clue what the episode was about and why they did what they did.

The episode info for "Two Choices" from the A&E website

Barker and Ellis are assigned to take down a major drug trafficking ring run by a man named Jimmy Casserly--who happens to be in the Chicago Police Department's (CPD) custody. Barker fears that if Casserly stays in CPD custody, his drug deal won't go through and they won't have enough evidence to lock him up for good. The partners come up with a risky scheme to bust Casserly out of CPD custody and all is going well until a major wrench is thrown in the gears--an ex cop with a personal vendetta is also chasing Casserly. Meanwhile, Ellis continues to burn the candle at both ends. He runs into Rose and she questions what he does for a living, and Ray from Internal Affairs tries to convince him that Barker is crooked by giving him a DVD with supposed evidence against his mentor.


Don't get me wrong the show is interesting to watch alone for the fact that I would like to understand what the whole show is about at some point soon. So far I am pretty much in the middle with this show. I wouldn't miss it or ever think of the show again if it wouldn't air anymore nor would I mind watching it as long as it airs.

The next episode "Infected" airs Thursday (Feb 5th) 10/9c on A&E!

WATCH IT ONLINE! (Internationally available!)
If you missed the first episode of The Beast you can watch it online! Just click on the image above and will take you right there.






No comments: