Monday, January 19, 2009

The Beast Season 1 Episode 1 (S01E01)


Can someone tell me what that was all about? I must say this was the weirdest TV experience so far. First off Patrick Swayze, just seeing him in a TV show is plain weird and beside that kind of seeing him in a scenes makes you think of him in Dirty Dancing. And I do admit that Dirty Dancing is one of favorite movies. So watching him is like every scene you expect him to start dancing or Baby showing up any moment. I would say for about the first half of the show I had no clue what was going and what the whole story behind the show is. I guess if you didn't make it through the show you still have no clue. One part of the show is about a undercover FBI operation that is focused on finding out if Charles Barker (Patrick Swayze) is a rogue agent. So they are trying to enlist his partner Ellis Dove (Travis Fimmel) as double agent to find out is Charles has gone rogue.

Charles Barker is a very unconventional FBI agent who doesn't really goes by the book. He makes the rules, but his way does seem to be very effective.

I think if you can look pass the weirdness of the first episode you may be able to make sense of the show when things get clearer in the next episodes but I really can not blame anybody that is not tuning in any more for the next episodes of The Beast! Not to go too far out of the box but I can bet you that some of the people that watch this show just do so because of the fact that Patrick Swayze has been in the news lately with his cancer. Some may just tune in to see how he looks now and if he still is alive.

I am willing to bet that this show doesn't make it beyond it's first season. I think fans (if there are any) are going to be lucky if A&E is even going to air all of the episode of the first season and doesn't axe it mid season. Well and I guess it's a safe bet for the show too, if the main actor dies before the end of the first season you don't have to cancel the show, his death does it for you! Therefor no worries about angry fans (ala Jericho) because they want the show back.

The next episode of The Beast airs Thursday 10/9c on A&E!

WATCH IT ONLINE! (Internationally available!)
If you missed the first episode of The Beast you can watch it online! Just click on the image above and will take you right there.

No comments: